Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Measurement

Measurement
This week, in Math, we will begin working on measurement.  We started the unit by using our background knowledge to guess what it meant to measure something.
They had some really good guesses!!  I was so proud!

After we took a good guess...  I read the book "Measure it!"

This is a non-fiction book that mentions a lot of different ways to measure things.  It was a great book to introduce the unit!
I also bought Kim Adsit's "Measure it!" Pack.  You can check it out here!!  She also had a lot of great ideas about measurement in this post.

Finally, I saved the best for last...  I found these adorable heart measuring cups & small hearts in the $ spot at Target!  Go grab ya some if you're doing measurement. 




When we start capacity-- we will measure how many hearts can fit in each measuring cup!  I also made this recording sheet for you to grab!!  If you download it, follow my blog & leave a comment. 



Becky
  

1 comment: