Happy President's Day!!! I hope you are enjoying your day off. Holidays aren't just fun because you get some time off to spend with family.. they are also fun because you can plan a unit around them!
Here are pictures of my US Math & Literacy Centers. I did not create an entire unit because I always like to pull from others. So, I created some things I found useful in my classroom. They would be the perfect addition to any unit! There are 4 math and 4 literacy centers.
1. Measure America: This math center can be done with unifix cubes, die cut stars, counters, or whatever you want to use. I have added a strip of stars for you to use if you'd rather just print it in color.
2. Eagle Addition: Count the stars, dots, stickers, or whatever you use add em up and write the number sentence.
3. Colorful stars: My kiddos LOVE doing these pages. Give them a magnifying glass and ask them to find the color word on the star. Write it on their paper and color the star to match.
4. Washington Words: I thought I'd change up the CVC station and ask them to think of a word using the word family. Then, color Washington to match.
5. Lincoln Letters: Find the letters, circle them with the correct color and count to see how many you found. I added the "Extra Extra" at the bottom, because my class ability is always so wide spread.. I have some that will take FOREVER with this, and some that will finish in 2 minutes.. This will give an added activity, instead of just drawing on the back for fun.
6. Bald Eagle Blends: Look at the picture, say the word out loud and write the blend on your paper.
7. Starry Sight Words: Find the stars that match, build the word, write it on your paper and color the star to match. My kiddos LOVE doing this center as well.
8. Washington Roll & Cover: And last but not least---- your FREEBIE! Thanks for stopping by. Click the picture to grab it.
To check out these math & Literacy Centers, plus all my Valentine centers click the picture below. It's 20% off today!!!
Have a great rest of the day! Follow my store and blog to continue to receive updates and freebies!